With the lockdowns, there has been a raft of fraudulent investment proposals and scams, usurping the name, address, logo and/or approval number of authorised players as well as the names of employees of said players (including Amundi).
Amundi calls for vigilance and reminds you of the following points:
- Amundi and its subsidiaries never contact the general public directly to offer a financial product;
- Amundi never raises funds directly from the general public;
- Amundi products are systematically sold through intermediaries (private wealth advisors, bank advisors, independent financial advisors, etc.).
Amundi reminds you of the following warning signals, as indicated by the French financial markets authority (AMF), that should alert you:
- You don’t know the person who is contacting you;
- You are promised very high returns with no risk;
- You are asked to make a decision quickly;
- You are asked to make a transfer to a foreign bank account.
More generally, we invite you to follow the AMF’s recommendations:
- Do not follow up unsolicited phone calls;
- Do not communicate your personal details (telephone, e-mail, identity documents, bank details, IBAN, proof of address, etc.) directly by e-mail or on websites whose reliability you cannot check or confirm;
- Do not take information given by a caller on the phone at face value. The caller may not be who you think he/she is and may have impersonated a genuine employee;
- Look up the company for which your caller claims to work (telephone, e-mail and postal address) and call the company directly to check that the caller is really one of its employees;
For further recommendations, we invite you to consult the AMF’s helpful guidelines, available via these links:
The AMF also publishes on its website:
- a blacklist of unauthorised companies and websites (please note that the fact that a website or company does not appear on this list does not guarantee that the said company or website is reliable); https://www.amf-france.org/fr/espace-epargnants/proteger-son-epargne/listes-noires-et-mises-en-garde ;
- and the white list of authorised financial intermediaries; https://www.amf-france.org/fr/espace-epargnants/proteger-son-epargne/listes-blanches ;